1. You’re paid to get things done, not for the hours you work. Even if you’re PAID by the hour, you are ultimately paid for the value you produce. Get more done in less time and you improve your value to your employer—even if that employer is yourself.
2. More job security. When a company has to downsize, the most inefficient and ineffective are usually let go first. Being more productive increases your job security.
3. Have more time to do the things YOU want to do. We all have things that need to be done that aren’t all that pleasant or fun. By getting things done quickly and effectively, you will find yourself having more time to do the things you find more pleasurable and/or fall into the not urgent, but important, category.
4. Satisfaction. A job well done, on time, with efficiency, is a gratifying experience. Turn your good to better and your better to best for greater satisfaction.
5. Time is money. And that’s been true for a very long time. Increased productivity is profitable. Finding a better, faster, more efficient way to do things results in added value and greater profits.
6. It makes us better stewards of our resources. People, money, time, energy and knowledge must be well managed. Not to do so is wasteful. Cultivate your resources and increase your productivity.
7. It’s fun. Finding better, faster, more efficient ways to leverage your time and efforts can be like a game—a game that pays you handsomely.
8. Your productivity improves the productivity of others. You have a chance to be the low, average or high bar that’s set in your work environment. And average is the best of the worst and the worst of the best. It sucks.
9. It will put more life in your years. It’s been said that it’s not the years in our life but the life in our years that matters. And I submit that being as productive as possible in all our efforts allows us to put more life in our years.
10. We can’t manage time. We can only manage events, tasks and projects within whatever time we have. And THAT is reason enough to consistently invest in improving our performance.
Please join us for our first TeleSummit on Peak Performance and Productivity.
Register today at no cost here . . .