How to Use Content to Build Your Online
by Greg Land
To build a successful online business takes a number of important factors:
1) You need to identify your target market.
2) You need to identify a problem or opportunity within that target market
group of prospective customers that they want or need a solution for.
3) You need to find or develop the product.
4) You need to market it to your target prospect group.
5) You need to get your prospects to want to do business with you and keep
them coming back to you and your site for the product, information, etc.
So how does ‘content’ help you?
‘Content’ can fulfill many of the above needs:
1) ‘Content’ – could be the product or service itself that
you are providing to the prospect or customer. For example, you could be
selling pure information in the form of eBooks, reports, articles, guides,
white papers, etc. or you could be selling a product, either physical,
digital or software. This is normally done through a single-page sales
2) ‘Content’ - could be the information you offer your prospects in addition
to your sales copy, educating your prospect as to what and how big their
problem or need is, and how or why your product is the solution.
3) ‘Content’ – could be part of what you use to market your product. This
becomes your prospecting tool in the form of an eBook, report, white paper,
etc. that you give away to build your prospect list and to ‘ethically bribe’
them to build a relationship with you.
4) ‘Content’ – on your website can be used to build a relationship with your
prospect and customers, setting you up as their advisor and as the ‘go to’
expert on your topic. Good, fresh content can give your site the
‘stickiness’ to keep prospects coming back again and again.
Over time, you should be able to convert a lot of them into profitable
customers for your business.
5) ‘Content’ – an additional big advantage of having lots of fresh, updated
content on your website is that the search engines (SE’s) love this stuff.
If the SE’s love your site, they will be back often to see what good new
stuff, you have for them to index. This will translate into your site being
more highly ranked on the SE’s for certain keywords. This will then convert
into lots of additional juicy targeted traffic that you don’t have to pay a
cent for. How great is that?
Where or how do you get ‘Content’?
1) Develop, write or compile your own.
2) Pay someone else to do this for you.
3) Find online sources of free ‘content’ on the web or
public domain libraries.
4) Join a service or membership site that will provide you
with ‘content’ or allow you access to their library of ‘content’.
5) Buy one of the ‘Resale’ or ‘Private Label’ packages offered
on the web.
How to use the ‘Content’ resources to build your online
1) Add relevant articles, eBooks, reports, etc. to your
site to offer your visitors new, fresh content and information. If you do
this regularly, you can increase the ‘stickiness’ of your site as well as
your ranking with the SE’s.
2) If you have ‘resale rights’ to the content, you can put up a one-page
sales letter type site, drive traffic to it and you have a new business.
Many of the resale rights packages come with ‘ready to go’ sales letters and
sites. I would
advise you to customize your offer to differentiate yourself from your
competition who also bought the package, but that will be a covered in
3) Create your own paid membership site offering ‘content’ relevant to your
4) Bundle ‘content’ with your existing products as a premium product or as
bonuses to enhance the perceived value of your product.
5) Use as an ‘upsell’, ‘cross sell’ or ‘back end’ product. This means that
you now have a whole range of additional relevant products to sell to your
prospective customers and site visitors.
6) Special offers and ‘Fire sales’. Offer your prospect and customer list
special limited-time offers of these products or product bundles.
7) ‘Private Label Rights’, offer a whole range of additional opportunities.
Rename, rewrite, change as you like, add to or change media type (i.e. from
eBook to audio CD product or eBook to multi-day eCourse). These rights
pretty much allow you to do what you like with the product. It offers you
the opportunity to customize a product to your target market and their needs
and wants. You become the named creator or author, which helps you develop
credibility as the expert in your field.
As you can see from the few basic ideas above,
the options and opportunities are many. You are only limited by your own
Greg Land and his partner Gail Buckley have
created the ultimate no-brainer.
WOW Content Club is absolutely the # 1 BEST CONTENT resource site
on the web today—bar none. If you are looking for first-rate resale content,
whether it be Niche, Public Domain or Online Marketing related, you need look no
further than this remarkable site. If Info-Products are the Ultimate Marketing
Content Club is the Ultimate Marketers' Website! Go see for yourself!
Copyright © Success Networks International.
SuccessNet is a worldwide association
committed to helping people become more knowledgeable, productive and effective.
Their mission is to inform, inspire and empower people to be their
best—personally and professionally. Free subscriptions, books and
SuccessMark™ Cards available at
Send This Page to a Friend
PO Box 2048
South Burlington, Vermont 05407-2048 USA